Thursday, May 19, 2022

I don’t see much about Ukraine lately

 I, like many, expected the Russians to roll right over Ukraine.  I am all kinds of impressed that they have not.  I think it is great that the Ukrainians got it together and stopped the Russian army.  At least that is what my internet and my TV are telling me.  All I know comes from my internet or my TV or the Wall St Journal.  I have been out of town for a while and have not seen the Journal.  I am at my daughter’s house where the TV only plays kiddy cartoons, so I am down to just the internet. 

   Could it be that Putin is happy to let the Ukraine fighting die down or die off and drop out of the news?  He will have to do some more expensive fighting to get anything out of the Ukrainians now. And maybe he doesn’t want to do any more expensive fighting and see more Western press coverage about how wimpy the Russian army really is?

No comments: