Monday, October 22, 2018

Bye Bye local politics

Every day this election season I get mail from congressmen and governors from all the 50 states, you know the usual "dear voter please make a campaign contribution" sort of letter.  Also robo calls.  For me, I will support my local NH candidates, my state wide NH candidates, and presidential candidates.  I don't have either the money or the inclination to support candidates running for office in the Carolina's, California, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Montana, or any other state.  But I still get the out of state letters.  Many of them franked (send for free by congressmen who enjoy free mailing privileges). 
   How do the rest of you feel?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel that even local politicians don't exercise control over their political campaigns. I get lawn signs on my property without granting permission to the campaign or candidate. Does no one respect my rights to property and speech? And you want me to vote for you? Try responding to my concerns when i message you and perhaps we can get somewhere. At least annie kuster's office apologized instead of ignoring me.
Stephen Clorite
Property owner, Berlin NH