Tuesday, November 13, 2018

So who is reporting the narrative?

California governor Jerry Brown is blaming the wild fires on global warming.  President Trump blames the fires on poor forest management, failure to log off dead trees.  Several people on Face book  support that view.  The MSM haven't said boo about forest management.  Certainly, back here in NH,  we know that wood lands need some logging to take out the dead and fully grown trees to remove fuel and open up the leaf canopy to let in some sunlight and encourage new growth.  I haven't been in California for thirty years, and I never got out in the California woods to see how things were, and I am not enough of a forester to tell a well tended forest from a poorly tended one.  We get a lot more rain in NH than they do out in  California, which surely reduces our fire hazard.  Nevertheless I find President Trump's position, poor forest management,  fairly convincing. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David, Congratulations on your election as Senator of District #1.

With my election to the House of Representatives for Grafton District #2, we have some similar constituents and the White Mountains as a key asset.

With my role on the NH/Canada Trade Council and the New England Canada Business Council - our trade and toursim relationships in Canada might be of interest to you.

You met my wife on election day in Franconia and she passed me your business card. I thought I’d reach out to ask you to meet for coffee, so we can have an open dialogue in helping those we both serve in the North Country.

Look forward to hearing back.

Best -Tim

timothytegan@gmail.com