Thursday, July 22, 2021

Car ads on facebook that fail

 My trusty Buick is up to 99K miles, I plan to drive it til it drops, but I been taking an interest in car ads, just to see what's out there now that Detroit has stopped making sedans. And just in case trusty Buik drops dead tomorrow.

Used to be, facebook would show a picture of a nice car and I would click on it and get to see some more photos, some specs like engine power and displacement, availability of a stick shift, price, how many does it seat, stuff like that.  Now, all I get amounts to Google searches on the car name pointing to dealers who want to deal.  Not very interesting, I am not at the stage of wanting to make a deal, yet. 

And some of the nifty car pictures don't work out.  Nissan has been running ads showing a low sleek sedan "Nissan Rogue" they call it.  Clicking on the racy photo gets me to a dowdy SUV rather than the racy looking sedan. 

No comments: