Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Chevy Trax

I bought one. It is Chevy’s smallest SUV.  There is a bigger one with an instantly forgettable name, and then the big iron, Suburban.  I am single, children are grown and the Trax is big enough for me.  It comes with a four cylinder turbo charged engine with plenty of power for an SUV.  It is not a sports car, and I didn’t buy it as such.  I was more interested in the all wheel drive that gets it into (and out of) my brother’s unplowed driveway. 

    Good features.  The door handles are big enough to get my fingers wearing gloves all around them to tug open a slightly frozen door.  Windshield is good and big.  It comes with a radio dongle instead of a key.  If you have the dongle in your pocket the car will start and run. No dongle, no go.  The rear seats fold down giving more cargo space to the rear luggage compartment.

   Bed features.  Every thing is so complicated I cannot make the car do anything without holding the ¾ inch thick user manual in my hand.  I had to use the manual just to put gas into it. I haven’t found the trip odometer, or the water temperature gage.   The manual says the car lacks an oil pressure gage.  The rear window is not big enough and rear vision is limited on the sides.  The stylists were from the “black” school.  The instrument panel is black, the buttons on the panel are matching black, the floor mats and the whole interior are black.  The dome light fails to come on when I open a door.


No comments: