Friday, October 3, 2008

Sarah Palin Debate

I watched it. Sarah was great. Poised, confident, feisty, and speaking some real substance. Biden was smooth, but his words just sounded good with no real substance behind them. I guess 30 years experience allows one to reel off platitude upon platitude without skipping a beat. I'll score it even. Sarah did not crush Biden, but heh, you can't have everything. Biden keep quoting damning "facts" which need some serious fact checking. For instance Biden repeatedly rapped John McCain for a "$4 billion tax break for Exxon Mobil". I never heard about that one. I do know Biden voted for the last "energy bill", and we all know that was a package of goodies for the oil business.
I thought Gwen Ifill's questions were poor, that pastor at Saddleback had much better ones. For instance "What decision do you regret the most". That's a job interview classic, which gives a dumb jobseeker an invitation to confess to bad stuff. Sarah at least knew the standard response for that one. Or "Which situation is worse, Iran or Pakistan". Hell, we all know the answer to that one, both are disasters with no good solutions in sight.

No comments: