Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Curse of Home ownership

Good old NHPR was on this morning, like every morning. The terrible burden of home ownership was the topic. The new roof required shortly after the closing, the hot water heater that failed, Dad coming home and picking up his tool box to work on the house instead of playing with the children.
Man, I don't know how I survived 40 years of home ownership. I did a roof, all it takes is a little money. I changed out four hot water heaters over the years. Got so good I could get to Sears, get the heater home on top of the car, installed, water back on, and still get to work by 11 AM. Done my share of home remodeling projects, two kitchens, two bathrooms, wall paper, book cases, porch railings, dishwasher replacements, disposal replacements and paint. The children loved every one of these and begged to stay up late and help Dad. Home projects were always cooler than yard work.
Could I be listening to "can't change a lightbulb" journalists whining on the air?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I am in the process of setting up a Bloggers Row for next week's TEA Party (April 15 TEA Party at Manchester's Victory Park) and I would like to invite you and the News from the Northwoods to join me and have a presence at the event - interested?

Table and chair would be supplied, along with power - and hopefully we can all get some WiFi goodness from the nearby Library. Set up commences at 3:30pm with the actual speakers starting at around 5:30pm.

Kindest Regards,

-Skip
GraniteGrok
NH TEA Party Coalition

(left the comment because I couldn't find an email address)

Anonymous said...

That would be Skip@GraniteGrok.com!