Sunday, April 3, 2011

Walnut makes the grade.

I'm upgrading my DVD storage. I use an ordinary bookcase to store my VHS tapes. Still have a lot of 'em, and I even play them now and again. So up until now, I just stuffed the DVD's on the same bookcase in between the VHS tapes.
Trouble is, DVD's in jewel box cases are too thin to carry a label on the spine, so when looking for a DVD I gotta pull each one out to see what it is.
Here is the DVD solution.



This home made box fits onto the shelves of the tape book case but holds the DVD's face outward so you can riffle thru them easily. It's walnut. I had a piece, purchased for I cannot remember what, in the lumber rack. Good looking wood, harder than hell. I had to sharpen the blades on the jointer before they would cut it. My well worn carbide saw blade would not rip it with out leaving black burn marks on the cut.
I need to make three or four more to hold all my DVDs.

No comments: