Sunday, April 28, 2019

Swap the keyboard and Control-C, Control-V and Delete work again

This is Win 10 Pro, running on a reconditioned (used) Dell Optiplex 990.  Changing out the Dell USB keyboard for the old Compaq  keyboard with the old PS2  connector  and everything works!!  I was unable to find anything useful on the net to fix the problem.  Youngest son was up for the weekend and he suggested trying a PS2 keyboard.  That did the trick. I'm still looking for info to get the new USB keyboard to work, it has a nicer keyfeel than the aging Compaq keyboard. 
  I think this is a Win 10 or a driver problem.  The PS2 keyboard uses a different driver.  I don't think the problem is defective hardware, 'cause both Control AND Delete were broke on the USB keyboard.  That's an unlikely hardware failure. 
   Strange that I could not find anyone else on the net complaining about the problem.

No comments: