Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Do we want this kind of health care worker?

 

Long chit chat on NPR this morning.  Several health agencies like the VA have begun requiring their workers get the Corona virus vaccine.  The workers (or perhaps just their unions) are pushing back on the requirement.

Far as I am concerned, health care workers so ignorant of health care as to resist vaccination should not be working in health care.  The vaccines are extremely effective, (99.99%) and ill effects after administering 100's of millions of doses are extremely rare.  

  Workers in health care are extremely likely to be exposed to patients with full blown cases of corona virus.  If they are unvaccinated, they will catch it.  And spread it.  Ask granny killer Governor Coumo about that.  As for me, I would be unhappy to have an unvaccinated worker even sweeping the floor in the ward I was in.  Let alone fetching meals or treating me for anything.

No comments: