Monday, July 12, 2021

Why should I care who gets vaccinated??

 Me, I got my two shots, Moderna.  Published figures on the internet show that out of 100+ million vaccinations, only a few thousand vaccinated people came down with Corona virus.  That gives the vaccine a 99.99% effectiveness.  You can't get better than that.  So I am protected.  If other citizens choose not to get vaccinated, I don't really care.  I won't catch it from them.

  Speaking as an idealist, I think everyone should get vaccinated.  The vaccine works and won't hurt them.  It can save their lives. But it is a free country, people can do what they want to do.  Other people going unvaccinated does not hurt me.  

So I am luke warm to the idea of government people going door to door advocating the vaccine.  Surely there has been enough coverage on TV to get the word out.  I am against "vaccine passports" which you would have to show to get into baseball games or even restaurants. 

No comments: