Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Investigation of a 35 year old party cannot prove anything.

Christine Blasely Ford's accusations against Brett Kavanaugh are 35 years old.  No investigation at this late date will prove anything.  Witness memory after 35 years is suspect.  Many of us have firm memories of things that never happened.  For instance for years I remembered graduating high school out of doors, in the Greenwood theater.  At my 25th reunion, my classmates all told me that it had rained that day and graduation had been held indoors.  How many other firm, but false, memories do witnesses have after 35 years?  And how much does anyone remember about 35 years ago?  I am not sure even where I was living 35 years ago.  It doesn't matter what an investigation turns up in the way of witness stories, I will have suspicions of all  of them.  
  Which makes the calls for an FBI investigation stalls.

No comments: