Saturday, May 1, 2021

Kitchen Timer Design

Upgrading from an el cheapo $3 all plastic kitchen timer, I received, as a Christmas gift a ThermoWorks (Extra Big & Loud) kitchen timer.  Big feature of the ThermoWorks is good strong magnets that hold it to the refrigerator door.  And a good big LCD display.   Downside, it programs in seconds.  To set a ten minute time, you have to punch in One, Zero, Zero, and Zero.  It would be a lot easier to work if it programmed in minutes, so a ten minute time would punch in as One, Zero.  I never wanter to set a time in seconds in my kitchen. The other down check comes from “Loud”.  It is only loud on a good fresh battery.  With a battery strong enough to work the timer, the ring when time is up can be so faint as I cannot hear it.  I just gave it a fresh new 9 volt battery to bring the ring sound up loud enough to hear. 

No comments: