Saturday, May 28, 2022

So what about the Texas shooter?

The TV newsies have not said much about the shooter, Salvador Samos I think his name is.  They did mention that he was a high school dropout.  A bad sign.  High school is great fun, you get to meet friends and girls, they have sports and activities.  Even if your grades stink, they will graduate you and having a high school diploma is very helpful when you start job seeking.  If I could go back and do high school over again I would be right there, especially if I could become 15 years old again.  Looks like none of this good stuff mattered to Salvador. 

    We have not heard much from Salvador’s parents and grandparents.  The TV said his mother was a druggie and his father was a felon, not an encouraging background for parents who are supposed to be teaching their son how he should behave.  For some reason, tension at home? Salvador spent time (I wonder how much) with his grandparents.  The grandfather claimed on TV not to know of his grandson’s attitude problems.  For some undisclosed reason Salvador shot his grandmother in the face the morning he attacked Robb elementary school.  I had two grandmothers, I loved them both dearly, I cannot imagine even raising my voice to them, let alone shooting them.  This is weird behavior on Salvador’s part.

   Salvador bought two AR15 rifles.  The TV did not say but I assume he bought them new at a gun store.  Those things cost like $500 apiece, two of them is $1000.  And he bought either 360 or 1000 rounds of ammunition.  Last time I bought center fire ammunition it was $1 a round.  So that’s $1360 or $2000 depending upon whose story you believe.  I wonder where unemployed high school dropout Salvador got that kind of money.

   Then to shoot 19 appealing young kids in cold blood is beyond my belief.  The kid’s pictures are so cute, I would adopt any or all of them in an instant, Salvador kills them. 

   And we have not heard from any of Salvador’s teachers, doctors, priests, any grownup who knew Salvador.

No comments: