Saturday, July 30, 2022

More Old Line Science Fiction authors. Poul Anderson.

He wrote a lot of stuff.  I have 17 Poul Anderson books on my bookshelf and I dare say there are more such books out there. Andersen wrote good fantasy, good historical novels and good hard science fiction. Some of my favorites are Three Hearts and Three Lions, War of the Wingmen, The Star Fox, and The High Crusade.  All Poul Anderson books, not just my favorites, are good reads.  Anderson stories have a protagonist who also serves as the view point character.  In the eyes of the protagonist, his friends are noble and good, his enemies are evil.  A very simplified world view but this is fiction, and a straight forward and not too complicated world view makes for a good story.

   Anyhow if you are looking for a good science fiction and fantasy writer you cannot go wrong with Poul Anderson.

 

No comments: