Monday, July 18, 2022

So who is gonna run for President??

 There are two answers, one for democrats one for Republicans. 

For the democrats anything goes.  Biden is saying he will run again but I think that is just talk to prevent him from becoming a lame duck early on.  As soon as Biden says he is not running in 2024 he becomes a lame duck, right then and there.  So far the only democrat who has expressed interest (he didn’t say he would run, he just sounded interested) is that Gary Somebody or Other from California.  Saints preserve us from a California democrat.  If the democrats have anyone else I have not heard.

 

The Republican have Donald Trump.  He is strong, a lot of people voted for him last time.  After a year and a half of Biden, Trump is looking pretty good.  One the other hand there are a lot of Never-Trumpers out there who won’t help.  And then we have Ron Desantis, Florida governor.  I know little about Desantis other than he got into a squabble with Disney a little while ago about that bill for parental rights, forbidding teaching about sex in grades three and below.  Actually had it been up to me, I would have made it grade 6 and below.  I am not sure just where parents stand on that bill. 

 

So, 2024 is up in the air as far as I can see right now. 

No comments: