Monday, April 3, 2023

Banning TikTok

I don’t use, or even have TikTok, so all I know is what I see on the web.  I see a lot of bad stuff about TikTok and little to no good stuff.  So I am fine with banning it. 

   This might be a little hard to do.  TikTok is a website.  If we pass a law outlawing the website, TikTok could merely change the name of their website and carry on as before.  We could speak to the Face books and Twitters of the world and tell them if we see any TikTok material on your sites we will use the Sherman Antitrust Act to break up your company into at least 5 pieces, maybe more.  We would have to get all the websites, not just to biggies, but it could be done. 

   I hear that 100-150 million people have the TikTok down load on their smart phones and computers.  If we shut down all the TikTok websites then I assume the TikTok down loads won’t be able to do anything.  Unless China opens up a TikTok website to feed all those hungry down loads. 

   Or, we could talk very firmly to Micro$oft.  Their Window Update program can remove any kind of app from a Windows hard drive.  We could insist that Micro$oft use Update to clear those 100-150 million TikTok down loads off every hard drive in the land.  Micro$oft won’t want to do that, and I have no idea what sort of pressure could be brought to bear on the Micro$ofties to get on with it.

No comments: