Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Hardcopy

I am dong my income tax, using TurboTax.  I get to end, TurboTax tells me I have not made any mistakes, and my chance of getting audited is low.  So I print out my tax return.  I don’t efile, that makes it too easy for IRS weenies to feed my tax return into their computers.  I mail ‘em hard copy.  My printer hummed and clattered but the ink ran out after a few pages.  Ink cartridge went empty.  So I drove into the Littleton Staples to get a fresh ink cartridge.  Arrgh, Staples does not carry #74 black ink cartridges any more, they are obsolete now.

   Since my old HP printer was at least 15 years old, I decided to buy a new one.  Only $99 for a genuine HP.  I get it home, get it unpacked, and plug it in to the computer.  I down load the HP driver for the printer.  Arghh, 133 Megabytes.  For just a driver.  Will software fatness never end?  The new driver announces that it can tell genuine HP ink cartridges from competitors ink cartridges and will refuse to print with non-HP ink.  Arghh. 

No comments: