Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Parade, Littleton, NH

Parade down Littleton NH Main St.      



Littleton NH does a small town Memorial Day Parade.  This is a high school marching band.  I saw one young girl marching by in flip flops.   I hope her feet are good and tough.  Used to be the marching units would toss candy to small children.  The nanny state got loose this year and forbade candy as a safety hazard.  Our tax dollars at work.

Decent turnout, all things considered.  We had our US Rep (Charlie Bass) our selectmen, some of our state reps, a state senate candidate (Debi Warner) and a lot of veterans.


ROTC Color guard

Ninth Grader sings National Anthem

John Starr (my brother) delivers memorial address
My brother was the featured speaker.  He is a combat veteran of both Viet Nam and Iraq.  He retired from the guard after his tour in Iraq.  John has done a bit more for the country than I, I just served in Viet  Nam.

No comments: