Thursday, May 7, 2015

Tripping

So, my 55TH High School reunion is this weekend down in West Chester PA just outside of Philadelphia.  So I am driving down, mostly to avoid taking my shoes off for TSA perverts.  It's about 11 hours from Franconia.  So I stopped in Danbury Connecticut to visit the Danbury railroad Museum.  I found the place, despite Google Maps street names not matching Danbury street signs.  They have a Boston and Maine steamer, a mogul, B&M Class B15, very famous in B&M circles.  I have two models of said locomotive.  I took a lot of photos.  They have a "lightening stripe" E-8 diesel, a PRR mail car, a NH Buddliner, a fantastic double header NYC wreaker, some cabeese, lotta cool stuff for rail fans like me.
  I found a low end motel in Danbury to spend the night.  America's Best Value Inn, right off exit 5 on I84.  It is unpretentious, the air conditioner works, the ice is cold and clean,the wifi works.  $85 a night.
  Tomorrow I press on to West Chester.  Ought to arrive mid afternoon.   

2 comments:

DCE said...

You went to high school in West Chester? I lived there for a number of years, attended Mary C. House Elementary School, North Junior High, and East Junior High which housed only freshmen when it first opened. (I believe it is now a senior high school).

Small world.

Dstarr said...

I went to Westtown Friends school graduated in 1960. Been a lotta changes in West Chester and around Westtown over the years.