Sunday, June 7, 2015

Not all books are created equal

The Abby Greenleaf library in Franconia holds a used book sale over the 4th of July.  And my bookshelves are filled to overflowing.  So, I filled an empty liquor carton with some books I figured I will never want to read again and took 'em down to the book sale. 
   Well it seems that all books are not created equal.  The librarian had a written list of book they won't accept for the book sale. The black list includes:
Books in poor condition
Computer manuals
Encycopedias
Harlequin type romance novels
large collections of religeous or spiritual books
Magazines
Reader's Digest condensed books
Textbooks and reference books
Travel books older than 5 years.

Well, I mostly agree with this black list.  This is stuff that nobody will ever buy, leaving the librarians with the chore of hauling them down to the dump (excuse me transfer station).  Although the romance novels ought to sell to girls of the right age, not that I would ever read such.  Well, maybe librarians are down on romance novels on general principles. 

No comments: