Saturday, May 11, 2019

Avengers:Endgame 2019

I took it in at the Jax Jr in Littleton this afternoon.  The theater was chilly, even for me wearing a fleece vest over my shirt, and a ski parka.  It's looong.  Three hours.  A lot of scenes when far longer than need be.  I recognized some characters from previous Marvel flicks,  Captain America (Steve Rogers) Tony Stark (Ironman but we don't see him wearing the Ironman suit), Rocket Racoon, Groot, Thor, Hulk.   Bunch of new faces that meant nothing to me.  Some of them vaguely familiar looking, must have turned up somewhere sometime in a Marvel movie.  The bow and arrow guy from I forget which flick turned up.   
    There was a hint of plot.  The Avengers must develop time travel to got back and acquire/steal/rescue five magic gemstones needed to save the world.  Some awful catastrophe has overtaken poor old Earth and with the five magic stones the avengers can fix it.  Needless to say the stones are recovered and then a lot of hand to hand combat with a large armored nasty happens. 
   Despite glowing rating in the print press and Rotten Tomatoes, I was not all that impressed. 

No comments: