Friday, July 31, 2020

Herman Cain

I am very sorry to hear of Herman Cain’s death.  I heard him speak back in February of 2011.  He came up to Plymouth and spoke at our Lincoln Reagan dinner, held in the old Plymouth railroad station.  Since Plymouth no longer has passenger rail service, the railroad station is now a senior center.  Herman was a dynamite speaker; he got repeated standing ovations from the white, middle class, Republican, rural audience.  If we could have held the election that February night, we would have elected Herman right then and there by unanimous consent.  I heard Martin Luther King speak once, many years ago.  Herman was every bit as good a speaker, the best speaker I had heard since hearing MLK. 

   It was cold that February night.  I remember Herman standing in the parking lot, looking at the 12 foot high snow drifts all around the place.  He clearly felt he had traveled to the North Pole.

   I am sorry the Corona virus killed Herman.  He was one helova good guy.  He will be missed.

No comments: