Saturday, October 3, 2020

Fixing Twitter

 When I tried to log into the twitter web site (www.twitter.com) I was drawing an obscure error message that suggested that the twitter site was down or the internet was broken.  I am using Firefox and the problem is at least partly a Firefox problem.  To fix twitter, get into the Firefox “options” window.  Click on “Tools” on the main Firefox taskbar.  Options is under Tools.  Click on options.  Use the search feature and search for “cache”.  This will find a place/feature/what-do-you-callit named Cookies and Site Data.  And it offers Choices to clear data, manage data, and manage exceptions.  Select manage data.  This will show a list of all the websites that have stored data on your hard drive.  Firefox permits websites to stash megabytes of who knows what.  You need to find twitter and delete all of the twitter data.  I could not find twitter on my first shot so I just started deleting data from every website that seemed worthless to me.  For instance the New York Times had stashed better than a megabyte of stuff.  After some weeding, twitter turned up.  I deleted all the twitter data and bingo, twitter.com worked, I could log in and everything. 

No comments: