Saturday, March 31, 2018

I'd like to be just a plain American

All those questionaires that want you to classify yourself as white, black, Asian-American, hispanic, purple with polka dots, are offensive to me.  I want to check off an "American" box.  All those other categories are just fodder to fuel divisive identity politics.  I don't want to be classified as one or another identity group.  I am an American, and my sympathies lie with my country, not my narrow identity group. 
   And, while the Democrats are busy finding new identity groups, and talking them up, they don't actually promise these identity groups anything while campaigning.  No promises of  special treatment, special tax breaks, extra funding for pet projects, nothing.  I don't see any reason for the identity groups to vote for the Dems, there is nothing in it for them. 
   Trump on the other hand has lowered black unemployment to the lowest level on record.  That oughta be good for something. 

No comments: