Friday, June 17, 2022

Christmas in July (well June is close to July)

 The UPS truck dropped off a carton for me this afternoon.  It had a nice brand new Dell laptop inside.  No bill, no indication of anyone except Dell, maker of the laptop.  I didn't order another laptop, I bought a new Acer in person from a computer store down around White River, two years ago.  Could it be one of those robocallers who say "some an so is charging something expensive to your Amazon Plus card" ?  I canceled Amazon Plus a year ago.  I'm still getting the calls.

   Could it be Youngest Son and his very nice girlfriend sending me a Birthday or Father's day gift?  There is a tiny icon on the shipping label of a gift box tied with a ribbon.  A name that could be very nice girlfriend's first name, with a last name appears on the shipping label.  I have not learned very nice girlfriends last name so could mean anything.  

   So far, Laptop has powered up, connected to my home network, updated Windows and is currently trying to get me to open  an account with Microsoft.  I have avoided that on my current laptop (Redkey) and my Dell desktop (small box).  Microsoft has tightened things up and it doesn't like my email address.  I will see what comes.  I am expecting Youngest Son and very nice girlfriend up here this evening so we ought to be able to straighten things out. 

No comments: