Tuesday, December 4, 2012

English Muffins

A tasty breakfast.  I usually buy run of the supermarket house brand stuff, (Surefine) to save a few pennies, but I pay full boat for Thomas.  They are worth it.  I have given up on the fork torn muffin however.  They are tastier when divided into two equal sized pieces so they toast up evenly.  Fork torn too often gives one plump half and one skinny half which burns before the plump half is decently brown.  Bread knife sliced is the way to go.  There are plenty of nooks and crannies in a sliced muffin.
  Once sliced, a toaster is good, but buttering them and browning them under the grille is better.  I set the ding-ding timer for seven minutes and they come out just golden brown in my oven.  Just about the right length of time to let the coffee brew.

No comments: