Monday, May 4, 2020

Better late than never. HP power button works right.

Some years ago I bought an HP Pavilion laptop.  It had (still has) a power button to turn it on.  That worked fine for months.  Then we had a Micro$oft patch oh maybe two-three years ago.  That broke the power button.  Shut the laptop down thru Windows, and next morning, the power button would not start up up again.  PITA.   One clue, the LED in the power  button no longer turned off when I shut the laptop down thru Windows.  I found I could hold the power button down for the count of nine and the LED would turn off.  And then, pressing the  power button would make the laptop start up like it ought to.
   I googled on this bug, never found anything about it on the net. I lived with the PITA for years.  Then the Micro$oft patch day came on last Friday.  And it fixed the power button.  Hoorah.

No comments: