Thursday, December 2, 2021

Why movie soundtracks have gotten so bad.

 Lengthy rant worth reading is here:

 https://www.slashfilm.com/673162/heres-why-movie-dialogue-has-gotten-more-difficult-to-understand-and-three-ways-to-fix-it/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

It was Charlie Wilson's War that started the current trend of garbled movie sound tracks.  It is NOT my hearing going on me.  The sound tracks on my classic movies from the '50's and '60's are clear as a bell.  I can hear every word on my TV, it is only the new movie sound tracks that are garbled.  Curse of the sound man I call it.

There are some things any sound man can do.  First you gotta mute the score and the sound effects when the actors are speaking.  Second the actors have to speak up and not mumble. Finally you have to place the mikes in the right places. 

No comments: