Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bergdahl

Funny, I don't remember ever hearing about this guy until this weekend.  Mixed emotions.  I am always glad to get an American POW back.  The price (five ugly Talibans turned loose) was high, but the Israeli's (some of the toughest minded people around) have paid even higher prices.  I think they released a hundred prisoners to bring a single Israeli POW home. 
   The ugly questions about how Sgt Bergdahl came to be a POW, some of his statements, some opinions from fellow soldiers, and questions about the legality of the POW trade, are upsetting.  I don't like what I am hearing on the TV, but I don't know what really happened, and I'm not sure the TV newsies get anything right.
  This affair has pretty much pushed the VA hospital scandal off the TV. 

No comments: