Sunday, October 11, 2015

Car radios get better every year

Way back when, when the radios were vacuum tube, the Boston FM stations faded out to static about the time we crossed Rt 128.  Then it was AM all the way to Cannon Mt, usually WBZ.  So yesterday I drove back from Boston with the FM in my new-to-me car playing WCRB, the Boston classical music station.  The radio pulled in good solid signal all the way to Concord NH.  That didn't used to happen. 
  It was a lovely day, leaves at peak all the way, sunny, blue sky, hint of fall in the air but not really cold.  My old North Shore model railroad club threw an open house and train show in Wakefield.  I found some stuff at the show, and admired all the work that had gone into the layout since I retired to NH 6-7 years ago.  Lot of old friends were still active, was glad to see them all. 

No comments: