Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Neil Cavuto on Fox trashes Star Wars

Neil, a nice guy, I watch his show regularly.  He ranted against the coming Star Wars flick, said he just didn't understand why everyone loves Star Wars.  Neil it's real simple. The first Star Wars, back in the 1970's, was so good, that everyone has loved them ever since. 
   The first Star Wars came out when I was full grown, graduated from college, back from Viet Nam, married, home owner.  Took the wife and caught it in the theater on opening night.  I had seen the ad in the Boston Globe, but other than that, I hadn't heard a word about it.  Typical studio effective publicity. It was so good, we went back to see it all over again a few nights later.  Saw it a third time with my mother, who liked it.  No other movie was that cool, to make me pay to see it three times.  The two sequels were nearly as good. 
   I will admit, that the three "prequels" released 20 years later were not up to the standard of the original three.  But they weren't bad enough to spoil the property.  Of course I will go see the new Star Wars coming out shortly.  So will everyone else. 

No comments: