Saturday, July 23, 2016

HP Support Assistant.

It's one of those vaguely documented programs that comes on HP computers.  Far as I can tell, it's the HP version of Windows Update.  It keeps track of the versions of the HP code in your machine, device drivers mostly, and updates them when it feels like it.  I don't believe the version on FlatBeast (which came from the store running Win 8.10  ever worked at all.  I remember running it a few times and over the course of a year, I don't think it even did anything other than whine.
   Win 10 took offense at HP Support Assistant and claimed it wouldn't work, it would give the computer rabies, and other offensive stuff.  So after getting Win 10 squared away I googled on HP Support Assistant, just to see what others had to say about it.  Best advice I found, was to just re install the damn thing from the HP website.  The writer claimed this would fix all evils.  And it did. 't
   I ran it, and it wanted to replace seven or eight bits of software.  So I let it have its head, and it took awhile, it wanted to reboot after three or four downloads,  but it got to the end and it didn't break anything. 
   Suggestion to you HP owners out there.  Should you find that HP Support Assistant ain't doing much, try downloading a fresh version from HP.  This might get him going again. 

No comments: