Sunday, July 17, 2016

Season Five, Game of Thrones

I'm a year behind.  I don't have HBO, and Netflix doesn't let the show out until a year has gone by.   So I watched the first two discs of season five this week.
  Metza Metza.   They suffered badly from the curse of the cameraman.  The cameraman is on a "turn the lights out" kick and the scenes are so dark you cannot even see the actors faces.  It's really dark.  I guess the cameraman thinks it's "arty" or something.  I think it sucks.  I think that turkey cannot read a light meter, and doesn't know how to set up the lights, you know a key light, a fill light, and avoid throwing double shadows.
   I am loosing track of the plot.  Arya is getting mixed up with a sorta religious group that lives in massive masonry buildings.  Arya wants them to train her to fight.  She certainly doesn't want to become a nun, that's not Arya.  Why she thinks she needs more combat training is beyond me.
   Anyhow, season five is not as good as previous seasons.  

No comments: