Friday, July 22, 2016

So I upgraded to Windows 10

And the laptop survived the experience.  Like all things Micro$oft it's slow.  Took 6 hours to install Win 10.  Now that I am upgraded, the laptop seems a scosh more lively.   My custom login screen survived. Word 2002 still works, Picassa still works.  Haven't tried everything yet.  Win 10 threw out CCleaner claiming incompatibility.   It also raised a fuss about some nameless program, and and the HP auto update program.  (It's an HP laptop). 
    I'd been holding off on Win 10, fearing it would be slower and fatter than Win 8.1.  Experience tells me that each new Windows is fatter and slower than the old one.  But, a couple of web searches failed to find anyone raving about Win 10 bugs, and Micro$oft started threatening to end the free updates next week.  So I weakened and updated.
   Lets hope I don't regret it. 

No comments: