Saturday, July 23, 2016

Rolling up the windows

My driveway lacks shade.  On hot summer days the car heats up like a furnace.  To combat this, I like to leave the windows down.  We have maintained the social order up here and I don't have to worry about having the car stolen.
   What I do worry about is the sudden rainstorm.  Really messes up the upholstery when it gets rained on.  Right now, should I hear a rumble of thunder, I must get up, go out to the car, with the key in hand, turn the ignition on, and hold the power window buttons down till all is rolled up.
   I have a remote control for the car on my keychain.  Wouldn't it be nice if said remote had a button to roll up all the windows.  The remote already has a button to pop the trunk lid, and work the door locks.  Surely one more button wouldn't be a cost breaker.  The remote has enough range for me to pop the trunk lid sitting at my kitchen table, so I wouldn't even have to get out of my chair. 
   And while we are at it, how about a rain sensor that makes the windows roll up automatically at the first drop of rain?

No comments: