Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming

   Bogger, this blog's host, supplies a "Stats" page showing the number of pages views, where the viewers come from, and hit counts on your most popular posts.  Being a blogger of ordinary vanity, I check "Stats" every so often to see how popular my humble blog might be.  For the last few years it's been jogging along at 50-100 pageviews a day.  Yesterday, bingo, 350 pageviews.  Today 800 page views.  Wow, a ten X growth in viewership. 
   Where does all this traffic come from?  Would you believe Russia?  Today I have 528 page views from Russia, as opposed to only 39 from the United States.  Either I have gone viral in Russia, or Blogger's Stats function has gone crazy.  Hmm, I wonder.  Actually, I think it's more likely that the Stats function has ceased to function properly, but who knows.  

No comments: