Tuesday, January 17, 2017

What Seventeen Intelligence Agencies?

Several times this month, the MSM has stated that all seventeen US intelligence agencies support this or that.  Seventeen? Do we really have seventeen different intelligence agencies?  I know of CIA and NSA and DIA.  And I guess the National Reconnaissance Office (surveillance satellite operators) counts.  But does the FBI count as intelligence? They are supposed to be police.  What about Secret Service?  They are supposed to be presidential bodyguards and federal anti counterfeiting police. 
   Anyone know of the other thirteen intelligence agencies? Like what their names are and what they are supposed to be doing with my tax money? 
   Somehow I feel that we could shut down  five or six such agencies, and save money and improve our knowledge of what's going on in the world.  Certainly CIA's record over the years has been so bad as to make me doubt anything coming out of CIA. 

No comments: